Thursday 11 July 2013

School holidays work and kids juggling...

So after a packed school holidays filled with nose colds, ear aches, tonsillitis, tummy bugs, fever (I think we have covered every single ailment) the order for my newest client has finally been done and sent!

It always seems to amaze me that anyone gets anything done with sick kids over the school holidays and when you have four of them, chances are you will miss out on either sleep, own hygienic needs or down time to fill it with much needed r and r for your children.
Yet, as I dropped my 2 recovered boys to the cinema yesterday, all the mothers look amazingly fresh and made up! I on the other hand was sporting the gold old cap to cover a not so washed hair and a mixture of clothing that was closest at hand and that I could reach while trying to nurse my youngest little sickling. Sigh! How on earth do they do it?? I just don't seem to have the time for anything remotely for myself trying to fit in my own business, four kids, home (in some kind of clean and tidy state).

However, today was going to be he first day in a very long time that I actually decided to think of a shower for me before breakfast...lunch and dinner for that matter too. Was it as rewarding and nice as I thought and hoped it would be??? Hmm, sadly no as the 1,5 year old was either standing at the doorway with the door wide open so that anytime the smoke alarm would go off, with the thick yellow / greenish mass gunk from his nose joining his never ending trail of saliva that he would wipe against anything that came his way. Or he would decide that the bathroom drawers would need a clean out and help me remove this and that. The other children were not of any help as two of them were stuck in front of their screens (and that is another painful parental issue) and the oldest I had not seen and were probably not going to see till it was at least 10 o'clock.
The final straw that forced me to turn off the hot beautiful shower was the track marks of the 1,5 year old bright blue fingers, from trying to draw with a thick texta on a very small pad, on our 'white' walls and bathroom floor. One started to wonder at the state of the floor / table or whatever he had had the notepad on...

So, after picking up STUFF everywhere, do the pile of dishes (still trying to ignore the sandwich maker that my kind hearted husband said a while ago not to worry about as he had dirtied it and he was going to clean it), gather washing scattered nicely around the rooms and put a washing on... As I type this (4pm), I am very embarrassed to admit that it is still in the washing machine...feed everyone at 11.30 it was finally time to start work... Ha ha ha I always have a little snicker when I say 'work' as I feel that it is exactly what I have been doing since I opened my eyes, but not just getting paid for it.

So here is the result of the some of the work produced this school holidays.





Thank you Kerrie from Gypsy River for being so very patient for these!

Time to unload the washing machine and maybe if I am fast I will be able to take the kids out for some fresh air time!

No comments:

Post a Comment